Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let them eat... candy!

Hello! I'm back to writing after a long absence complete with plenty of changes and new adventures in the world of nutrition, food and wellness.  I am starting this blog up again with some short posts starting with this excellent article on how to handle Hallowe'en candy with your kids. I think there are lessons in here for all of us - what stands out for me the most is giving ourselves permission vs. restriction - which quickly amplifies our desire! I've been experimenting with this lately and find just telling myself I can have as much as I want of whatever it is I'm eating, or want to eat takes away the 'charge'. I find myself actually forgetting about whatever it was that was dancing around in my brain distracting me from my work a few minutes before.

click here for Ellyn Satter's article on the Sticky Topic of Hallowe'en Candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment